Infrastructure & Cloud, Other
£30,000 to £36,000 Per Annum
Network Support T2 Engineer (SP)
24x7 Shift Pattern
Reporting to the Network Support Manager for service provider teams, the primary function of this role is to provide a technical response/ fix to incidents, changes and service requests reported by customers, performing second line diagnostics to resolve or identify the best possible next escalation path. This role is based within a team that provides 24x7x365 cover with a 20% uplift on basic salary being applied when undertaking overnight Night Shift cover.
The successful candidate will require previous technical experience with a proven ability to perform technical diagnostics and administration across some/all of the following technical areas:
Cisco R&S, Cisco routers including but not limited to 887,2921,1801, ASR’s management tools, Juniper and Cisco Firewalls, F5 Configuration and fault finding. Broadband Support including Traffic shaping, (Tier 2 Standard)
The successful candidate is required to communicate with customers on a highly technical level to provide immediate resolution where possible; ensuring tickets are managed and progressed correctly within the appropriate SLAs.
The successful candidate will be willing to apply themselves to a diverse range of work and meet and exceed customer expectations and service levels. The candidate must display a desire to learn and understand new technologies, achieve objectives agreed with their Leader and develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with colleagues.
- Provide 2nd Line support for customer technical services to Daisy’s SP customer base including monitoring, incidents, changes and appropriate service requests within agreed service hours and to agreed service levels.
- Participate in a 24x7 shift pattern across the NS Tier 2 service provider based portfolio to cover all relevant technologies and flexibly adapt to ensure adequate team cover.
- Carry out proactive maintenance to maximize availability including patching, config backup and capacity management.
- Maintain your technical skills and upskill to cover all relevant technologies if/when required.
- Keep abreast of new developments in your relevant technology.
- Participate in Change Management process, creating and updating change requests as appropriate, attending CAB meetings at request as appropriate to ensure proposed changes do not compromise network availability.
- Establish effective working relationships with key parties from internal stakeholders to external suppliers; encourage stakeholder engagement and drive high quality working relationships.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Proven experience in Configuration, troubleshooting and fault finding on:
- Cisco Routing and Switching Platforms including ISR, ASR, Catalyst and Nexus to a Tier 2 level
- Cisco Security Platforms including firewall experience
- Juniper Security Platforms including firewall experience
- Tier 2 Broadband Support including Traffic shaping
You will be able to work to ITIL standards and Maintain proper documentation for operations.
Technical and Soft skills:
- CCNA – R&S is required.
- JNCIA is required
- Working towards CCNP – R&S is desirable.
- SC clearance or the ability to be SC cleared is mandatory
- Knowledge of Network analytical tools such as Wireshark.
- Knowledge of Cisco management tools,
- Knowledge of Juniper Firewalls
- Knowledge of F5 Configuration and fault finding
- Tier 2 Broadband Support including Traffic shaping; ITIL foundation
Personal Skills and Qualities:
You will have:
- Good time management skills to enable you to prioritise and deliver to tight time lines.
- A positive, confident and client centric approach to work, with a desire to deliver consistently high quality service
- A positive outlook with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Experience in team working to deliver excellent results